Wednesday 3 June 2015

Are You Wasting Your Youthfulness? Pt. II

Arguably enough, no human was born with an inch of knowledge. That is to say, a newborn is like a new computer system. Empty of programs. It becomes sophisticated to the extent at which the system owner or user has installed software programs on it. Now, you can only search for something and get the result in a database only when the owner or user has developed the memory to a reasonable point of giving only what it can offer hence, the "Garbage In Garbage Out (GIGO)" phrase. This suffice to say that, the human is born with an empty mind only to become a bank of knowledge to the extent at which its immediate environment has enriched it to. Thus, a dull brain is so only because it is what the immediate habitat has fed it's mind with. Absolutely empty until filled with knowledge. I strongly believe in the saying that, the Colonialists' greatest curse became the colonized greatest blessing that moment that the colonialist decided to teach the colonized to be able to read, write and interact in the colonialists' language. This is say because, it was afterwards that the colonized became educated (in the colonialists' language) on how he could break the chord of colonialism. Hence, telling me I'm thinking in the Whiteman's way is like telling me there was no form of development or civilization (in it's little way) amongst my ancestors before the coming of the White Man. This, I strongly know, is denigrating to my race because, my people would have developed in whatever little way at their own pace rather than at the pace of the so called White Man and his Westernization. I am African and a proud one at that, so don't you ever think and say to me that Westernization is Civilization or vice-versa and my dear, you are as limited as you opt to be, not by anyone's standard. A word is enough foe the wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment