Friday 23 October 2015

How To Detect/Differentiate A Real/Fake Facebook Account

Okay, good morning peeps. Today's article was inspired by an inquisitive colleague of mine who is very keen on protecting himself from potential online fraudsters and whom fears the integrity of his personal data on social network. We were having lunch at the Senior Staff Cafeteria when he popped the discussion and after several dabbling here and there, he passed his phone to me showing a friend request he just got from a beautiful supposed Brazilian lady. This colleague has never traveled to the Southern Americas before and there wasn't any mutual relationship between him, his friend list and the supposed Brazilian lady (i.e. he wasn't sharing any mutual friend with this lady) so he was very concerned as to how the lady got to know him so, he couldn't comprehend the link that warranted the friend request. Thus he asked me "how do I detect/differentiate a real from fake Facebook account"? That was when I took to explaining the different available techniques with which he could do that.
Here, I'll begin a series of lectures on just how to do that and I'll do that in one technique per post.
I'll start with the easiest technique. It is a very simple one that uses the profile picture of the account and doing the usual google search. Do not be worried, I promise you it's an easy one. The steps are as outlined below;
1. Go to the face book account you are suspecting,
2. Right click on the profile picture to release a drop down menu,
3. Select " Copy Image Link" or "Copy Image Location/Link" (depending on your browser),
4. Open another tab in your browser,
5. Open google search and paste the copied link,
6. Then press enter, go or search (again, depending on your device) then wait for the results.
You'll see results of the different sites that the image has been used on and if the first 5 results does not have at least 3 that bears semblance or same name and image as the account you are suspecting then that account is fake/fraudulent.
I have attached some image results I googled to this blog to enable your comprehension of the above technique so, thank me by sharing this post link across your family, friends, loved ones and colleague and... Dont forget to hit the like button and leave me your comments and enquiries. I'm sure there are a couple of articles like this one on the internet so, feel free to ask Google (the Oga at the Top). ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment